In-Home Family Photo Session: Lima, Peru | Gina, Mark, Olive + 1

Ever since I can remember, I've loved telling stories.

In grade school, my short story assignment notebooks would quickly get filled up and I'd be stapling on extra pages just to try and keep the magic alive as long as I could. I never knew how to end them... I felt there was always more to say.

This is a big reason why I love what I do. Photographs allow me to tell stories that never have to end. They are worth so many more words than the human mind can fathom and they live on for generations to come.

I never thought of myself as an artist until recently, when I realized that an artist is simply someone with the ability to provoke a powerful thought or emotion by using his or her imagination and unique perspective.

I think there's always something beautiful to be found...  from the mundane to the extraordinary moments in a day and the subtleties that make us who we are. This is what I aim to capture with my images, and I'm thrilled to be able do so for families to enjoy and see themselves in a different light than they're accustomed to.

Here's a session I did with a growing family that I have come to know and love recently in Lima.
I hope you enjoy these fragments in time that tell a story that's simple but very honest - about Gina, Mark, Olive and one growing baby with a lot to look forward to.




Desde que tengo memoria, me ha encantado contar historias.

En la escuela primaria, mis cuadernos de asignación de cuentos se llenaban rápidamente y tenía que engraparle páginas adicionales sólo para tratar de mantener la magia viva lo más que podía. Nunca supe cómo poner fin a ellos ... sentía que siempre había más que decir.

Esta es una gran razón por la que amo lo que hago. Las fotografías me permiten contar historias que nunca tiene que terminar. Valen muchas más palabras que la mente humana puede sondear y viven en las generaciones por venir.

Nunca pensé en mí misma como un artista hasta hace poco, cuando me di cuenta de que un artista es simplemente alguien con la capacidad de provocar un pensamiento o una emoción poderosa mediante el uso de su imaginación y su perspectiva única.

Creo que siempre hay algo hermoso para descubrir... de lo mundano a los momentos extraordinarios en un día y las sutilezas que nos definen. Esto es mi objetivo cuando capto imágenes, y estoy muy contenta de poder hacerlo para familia que las pueden disfrutar y verse a sí mismos en una luz diferente a la que están acostumbrados.

Lo siguiente es una sesión que hice con una familia hermosa en crecimiento que he llegado a conocer y amar recientemente en Lima. Espero que disfruten de estos fragmentos en el tiempo que cuentan una historia que es simple pero muy honesto - sobre Gina, Mark, Olive y un bebé que está creciendo y tiene mucho que esperar. 




























Family Photography by Brenda Bravo
Location: Lima, Peru and Los Angeles, CA, USA
www.bravoimage.com
Contact: brenda@bravoimage.com

Comments

Popular Posts